Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"Hopefully we'll have a better day tomorrow"

Had a brief conversation with my first period teacher this morning. I got to school pretty early and she was already there as well. So we were discussing about how things hasn't been very great lately. She hasn't been feeling very well and neither have I really. So we had a brief conversation about it and she looked at me and said, "Hopefully we'll have a better day tomorrow!" and I nodded. 

That kind of got me thinking about how hoping for a better day tomorrow isn't going to do much unless you decide to not sulk about it first thing in the morning. But as always, it's always so much easier in words than actual actions. So here's my list of "levels" you go through in your bad day. 


1. Waking up. 

Ever had those mornings when you magically wake up super early, say at like 4AM in the morning and it's cold and you sort of just feel like the world is crumbling down on you? And then you decide to go back to bed only to wake up after your alarm has snoozed itself 15 minutes past the time you were supposed to wake up. That's just wonderful, isn't it? 

2. Dragging yourself to the bathroom. 

Then comes the part where you actually have to get up because you're 15 minutes behind schedule and it's pretty cold in the morning. Water is cold, washing your face is a shocker and you sort of find a way to hurt yourself while walking back to your room. Yup, that's even greater. 

3. Breakfast. 

Now, I'm one of those who is the only one awake in the house so early in the morning. No amount of noise I make is going to wake a living soul in my house. So with reluctance, eating breakfast but not alone. Rather with the circling amount of thoughts my brain won't shut up about for nights and days. That's the most horrifying thing to start my day with to be entirely honest. 

4. Walking. 

Walking isn't so bad. Not until you almost get run down by cars who refuse to slow down for you. Or tripping on a broken pavement. 

5. School.

Then comes the amazing element of surprise like a quiz you forgot about over the weekends, the constant reminder that Mid-Terms are uber close and how we keep learning new things everyday in mass quantities you kind of wonder where it all goes once you understand it. There's also the part where for 30 minutes in a day I feel extremely out of place like a defenseless alien planted on Earth for no apparent reason. 



NOW THAT SOUNDS FUN. 


Yup, that has been me for the past one and a half months. 8 and a half more months till graduation. 

I can do this. 


Sorry for the pessimism, guys. 



Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment