Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Updates | Life

Finally finding the time to sit down and blog after that little rant I did a week or so ago. 
So there are a few things I wanted to address today. 

1. I'm thankful for my grades.

I've always been the student that rarely ever scored really good grades. 
Except for Form 3 during PMR when I actually did better than I expected. Then 
in Form 4 and half of Form 5 I was busy failing everything. Getting F's and G's in 7/9 subjects. Maths, Add Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History and Moral. I guess the only things I could pass was Bahasa Melayu and English. So I guess I didn't think I would do any good after migrating and starting over in a new school. Little did I know though, I've been scoring 90's and above for my classes lately and it feels pretty good. Knowing that I've been working hard for it, studying and doing the best I can and not worry about how it's going to turn out. And to my surprise really, I've been scoring all A's lately in my classes. Personal achievement, to be honest. But I thought it was noteworthy. Obviously, it wouldn't have been possible without the Big Man up there helping me throughout it all :) 

Which brings me to the second and most important thing I wanted to address. 

I'm thankful for my mom. 

It was her birthday on Tuesday and it's amazing how far along she has came. 
I'm thankful for her never ending love. 
I admire her for her patience, one that I would never have.
I'm so in awe of how she carries herself, how much she trusts God in all that she does, how much she loves us like how God loves us. How she is always so strong and so kept together. I don't know how she does it, or where she gets her strength and courage from. But my whole life I've known her, she has never shown a sign of weakness. Not in my eyes. She doesn't complain, she doesn't throw tantrums. Even in anger, she loves, even in annoyance and irritation, she loves. She always has your best interest at heart. Even if her gestures and actions are never acknowledged, even if we don't always say "thank you", her actions are filled with love. She does it not because she's forced to, but because she wants to. She is most definitely the strongest person I know. She is a woman I want to grow up to be. Patient, loving, kind, courageous, brave, generous, thoughtful, thankful for everything,. She puts herself in a person's shoes. She's sensitive towards others. Even in weakness, she's strong. Even in doubt, she's brave, even in worry she's calm. Even in annoyance she's patient.








Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment