Friday, July 25, 2014

Spur of The Moment | Random, Thoughts


After a week of continuously trying to study for a test I know nothing about, actually going in to take the test, reading The Mortal Instruments' series (its great btw, I love the way Cassandra Clare writes the books and how she keeps you on your toes, always. Though at one point the idea of the book did give me creeps xP ), and being bored out of my mind, eating so much food to curb boredom and bumming on the couch. I honestly cannot wait for school to start and need me tell you I have never been so impatient for school to start. Haha, anyways, here's a little typography thing about me that I did out of boredom. There's so many things that we can say to define ourselves, and I guess despite what everyone says about how someone is going to know you better than yourself? I don't think that's the way it works. People can say things about you that defines you, sometimes even point out different things about you that you may have never notice before, or things that aren't true. But I believe that we are the only ones who can define ourselves. The things we know about ourselves and most importantly, the things we choose to define ourselves as. If you look deep enough, or open your eyes big enough, you will see that the person that you are is most definitely beautiful and unique. I can't be you, and neither can you be me. That's what makes us all so special, so worth it. Because we are the only one of us around. Mistakes don't define you, your scars don't define you, your imperfections don't define you. What they are, they are lessons and a reminder that you've gotten this far, that you're still standing and that you'll continue to make it through. I guess we all know that. But sometimes, well, actually, most of the times, we need to be constantly reminded of our amazing-ness because we're human. :) 


"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win,” she said. “They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes." 

- Clary Fray, City of Heavenly Fire, The Mortal Instruments




- Zoe




No comments:

Post a Comment