Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Right Track

Hi world! It's finals week! Wooo hoooooo!

I haven't had the best week physically this week. I've been painting the new room on Saturday and Sunday which tired me out like crazy! Then I had to go back to school on Monday, starting the first day of finals weeks with 3 hours of sleep and a potential fever. Anyways, about a week ago I made a few cards for all 4 of my teachers. Just to thank them for being such great teachers this whole first semester to me. And especially for my Algebra teacher, I wrote her a note.

I told her that I was more than blessed to have her as my algebra teacher and that I was never good in math. I told her that I remembered stepping into class and we had an ice breaker on that first day, I remember saying that I hated math because I wasn't good at it. I told her that I was always a failure when it came to math and that never in my wildest dreams could I have scored an A in math. Much less a 95.

Today she called me up to her table and she said, "Zoe, I don't believe you." And clueless as I was, I was like, "what??" She said, "I can't believe you and what you wrote in your card. You are good in math. I cannot believe that you weren't. You've been getting A's on all of your tests, you're consistent, you pay attention in class, you're doing good. Just do what you're doing for your final and you'll be great." I stood there in awe. I never gotten compliments about my grades, much less a teacher. Even worse, it was math. I mean anybody who knows me would know that I'm rubbish in math. Math was my most feared subject. It was this huge monster that made me cry and I definitely ran away from the first moment I had a chance.

But I'm grateful for that little boost of confidence she gave me. I'm thankful that God has placed me in more than good hands during my transition here in the States. I'm thankful for how He has blessed me with such amazing teachers and even the strength and His wisdom to study and actually get straight A's for my subjects this semester. And it includes Math AND US history. I may have a lack of social life which I claim to be okay with but I'm not, but it has benefitted me in academics wise and I'm so grateful for that.

It's finals week and I haven't begun studying. I don't know what I'm supposed to even study. Some say its a good sign that shows I am ready. To me, I just feel like I have loads to do but I'm procrastinating.

That's my story for the week you guys. More reasons that shows I am blessed.

What are you thankful for this week? :)

Much love,

Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment