Monday, December 8, 2014

2014 : Homebound, USA Bound

So this whole year has been a wild ride. Although it's not over yet, I think that it'll be a good idea to just sit and reflect about the good things that has happened because I haven't been having the best December, ever. And writing about the good things might turn that around a tiny bit. Hopefully it'll help you guys be thankful for all the amazingness that has took place in your life! ( I'm supposed to be studying for a US History final that is tomorrow, and Algebra 2 test tomorrow and read up on an essay I'm supposed to write in English tomorrow. But I guess the mind needs a break! )

So lets start from January. I don't remember much about January. But I know last Christmas was amazing, I had a great trip down to Chiang Mai, Thailand and I got to see my God Grandparents! It was a great trip with the family and I couldn't be more thankful for that trip because I haven't seen my God Grandparents in years and seeing them at least once again before we packed up and flew all the way to California. It was also nice to have both the grandmas along. Although we all know that a family vacation isn't perfect without the communications and disagreement. 



I was pretty excited to go back to school. It didn't feel like Senior year, but Hamid Khan was home to me. It was where I fell in love, it was where I cried, where I laughed, where I was part of a family, it was where I was loved, it was where I had my ups and downs and made a friend or two that would last a lifetime. It was liberating that people were going to turn 17 and some are going to start driving to school and we're sitting for that dreadful thing called SPM. Which is already over and done with. Thank you, Hamid Khan for saving me a seat for the examination that I was absent for. I'm also really thankful for Hamid Khan for it has been my second home. After being in a different school for a year, that was a horrible, terrible year. 

I kept the secret of my migration for a about a year before I started telling people. I knew about it in June of 2013 and I kept the news from everyone until about probably May of 2014. Of course, with the exception of a few closest ones. 

Then on the 22nd of January, my bestfriend was the first of the three of us, (Brenda, Audrey and Me) who flew off to Australia. 


SORRY AUDS IF THIS IS AN UGLY PHOTO OF YOU. 

In January is also when I started worship leading for CG and I guess in a way it was very meaningful to me because I've always wanted to serve and I've never had the chance to. Thus, it felt good to be worship leading for CG even if I wasn't the best singer or guitar strummer. 

Around the end of January, the family and I flew off to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah to spend Chinese New Year with the other Loh's. We also watched the Lee Chong Wei match hoping for the public holiday if he won the next day. Then me and my brother and my cousin brother headed off for a midnight movie to watch the latest X-Men movie. I also got the chance to visit Labuan. Labuan has been a place I've constantly heard of because the parents and the brother lived there for a bit waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy before I existed! 






Family time is always great. Anyways, after that 4 days of amazingness, 

OH OH ! February 17th was when my best friend came back from ITALY!!!! :D :D



Next highlight would be on the 20th of February where I ran my first cross country!!! But I gave up halfway. But if I remember/ counted correctly, I came in 30th. Or rather 10 places after the 20th medal was given out. So around the 30th mark I guess. Thanks to the bestfriend who encouraged me to do so. 


Sorry woman, you look good. Mai luan okay.. 


Then came February 22nd. It started off a really really great day. Then towards the evening we got the news that that's when my grandpa passed. But nevertheless, I'm thankful for him and all that he has done for my mom. For she wouldn't be who she is without him. And I admired his passion for eating. 


My grandfather's funeral was the first funeral I decided to dress up for. By dress up for I meant that I put on a black dress. Because usually people would just wear anything black or white. A tee and a pair of pants and they're good to go. After that, was March. 

On March the 4th, the family and I headed down to KL for our Visa for our migration confirmation, interview thingy. Boy was that a hard weekend. 

On March the 23rd, I went to watch my first squash game, I got to see Nicol David :D 

On the last day of March was the day we went for debate competition at Heng EE. We made it through the first round, which is more than we've ever been through and once again we were so close to wining the second round. 


That's our team right there! 


Beginning of April was another family reunion thing. We celebrated Cheng Beng together, and we really had a great time. 


That's Uncle Gary and the rest of us! 


Then on the 19th of April, I finally got baptized. 


Unfortunately, I wish I knew where the actual picture is at. 



May 16th was my last day of school and the night of that Friday we drove down to Alor Star to begin the wedding dinners. It started off with Seong Koko's wedding. 


AND days and days of feasting and eating and family time! 

After a day of being back, I had to pack and we were flying off the next morning to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah for Cindy's wedding!









I had the pleasure of singing at my cousin's wedding. Which people gave me more credit for than I deserve, because I developed the huge case of stage fright and my throat just closed down. But I also had the pleasure of dancing with my mom, all because the dad refused to. It was a beautiful wedding and picture credits goes to the wedding photographer. I then came back to Penang on the 27th, and only had less than a week to pack and clean out the room for the big move. 

The last few days of Penang life was filled with packing, going out with friends, friends coming over and family time. 

On the 3rd of June, we parted and said our goodbyes. 

This was the night before where a few of my closest friends decided to come over. Which was pretty last minute. 



And this was the airport shot. 


On the 21st of June, I got to visit San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge!




21 is always a great date. 


24th of June was when this blog was created! Woo Hoo!! 


28th of June we went to the park for a pre-independence day celebration and we had burgers. 








11th August, I started school. 


Did NOT have the best day. I came home and bawled my eyes out. But it's been getting better. 


On the 16th, I got to go to Bodega Bay.





On the 5th of September was my birthday. I had brownies that were baked by my first period teacher, for my birthday, and then I had another cake at night with the family.




Then on the 12th I got to watch my first football game with the brother!






Then we made another trip down to San Fran on the 4th of Oct.

We went to the Ferry Building and Half Moon Bay.









Then at the end of the month was Halloween. 


On the 9th of November, I got to see Hillsong play live! 






Then we spent Thanksgiving with family. I'm so thankful that we have family here. 









And now to December. On the 4th a few days ago, marks the 6th month me and the family has been here. And I had to cut down a lot of things that I planned to put in this post. This shows that there really are a lot of things that we can be thankful for. I admit, I haven't had the best December. But with heartbreak and all the bad things also comes really really great things. 

I hope that you guys are having a great December ahead. And I hope you guys are inspired by this post to be thankful for the things that has happened to you. Even the littlest of things. Just like what I learned in church on Sunday, God gives us what is best when it is the right time. If you don't get it, it is not for you because there will be much much better things ahead. 

Have a great December you guys, I'll be back with a Christmas post when the time comes! 


Much love <3


Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment