Monday, August 8, 2016

(a)lone(ly)


In the past 2 years, 3 months and 4 days I have learned a lot about what it means to be alone and what it means to be lonely. Everybody feels loneliness at some point in their life. I did too, way before we packed up and left home. But I never understood the difference. I used to always say that I was feeling lonely when really, I was just alone. 

For the past 2 years, 3 months and 4 days, I've been both. I've been alone and lonely. To me, to be alone is to be physically alone. To be lonely is to feel that big, empty, gaping hole in your soul and not knowing what exactly would fill it. I've been at both. I'm very often still at both. Today is one of those days. 

I wish things like these would just have expiry dates. People would think that it's been such a long time since I've moved that I would have settled down as they'd imagine. But I frequently wonder why they think it's so surprising that I haven't. 

I feel like a stranger in my own world today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment