Monday, August 17, 2015

When You Say You Can't, But Other's Say You Can

I don't know what's the gist behind the whole "when in doubt who do you believe" thing. Because we spend so much of our time tearing ourselves apart to the point when somebody compliments you, you automatically just know they're lying. I hate how my mind is so clouded by the fact that I don't know what I am capable of anymore. So just a few hours ago, I got asked to do something that never in a million years would I have ever ever ever say yes to. But in the spur of the moment, my stupid gut decided to convince me that I would be able to pull it off. 

So, here I am sitting here, typing this 4 hours later, shitting myself for saying yes. Then it got me thinking. How do you know when it's time to believe in what other's say about you, and when is it time to shut it off because your opinion is the one that matters most? Truthfully, I know my gut tells me that I can't do this. But everyone else is saying that I can. So who do you defy? The people who knows you and sees you from a different perspective than you do, or do you believe in you, the person who has only seen herself from one point of view.

It's really one of those moments when I know, I truthfully know that I cannot do it. I wasn't born to do it and I certainly don't have the talent to do it. I'm now stuck, responsible of a responsibility that I'm not equip to take. What do I do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment